Monday, September 7, 2009

To bead or not to bead?

It is a week into the challenge, and I can honestly say I feel like I am getting things done each day. My projects don't seem so huge (except for an afghan I am working on), when you put them into perspective.

So far, I have made 4 scarves, 10 pairs of earrings and 1 preemie hat. There were some days that I would make several pairs of earrings at once. Part of my challenge now is to keep my puppy, Cooper, entertained while I try to work on things. A knitting or crochet project is seen as something to play with in his eyes. Despite all the toys he has, he loves yarn.

Tonight, it was time to make a pair of earrings, and I recently found a nearly-new playpen to keep Cooper captive in the basement while I work. He is a shorkie (half shih tzu, half yorkshire terrier) and is about 10 lbs, and this playpen is perfect. Since he isn't used to that or the basement, it took about 10 minutes to get him ok with the idea, even though he was right next to me, with my hand in the pen. When you are working on jewelry, you need two hands, it just makes it easier. When he finally calmed down, he decided to chew on the mat, which now has a hole in it.

I did manage to put together a pair of funky, green earrings for my niece. So, that's part of my 10. Earlier today, I started a few rows on a blue, wool scarf. I do have some projects that need to be finished, and those will get a mention too, once they are done.

Tomorrow is another day and another project, stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. I am happy that you are doing so well with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the end of the month, I had 23 items...not quite the 30, but not too bad, considering my work schedule.

    ReplyDelete